My prayer cards arrived yesterday, and with them, another sense that this is really happening. It's funny, because growing up, I always felt sad when I saw the single, women missionary prayer cards... and now, I have several hundred with my own face. Irony.
Also ironic: In fifth grade I attended one of those children's church weekend getaways. On one evening, we broke into small groups for prayer. Miss Debbie was the leader of about eight girls and we all took turns going into the center to be prayed for. When it was my turn, Miss Debbie said, "Out of all of the girls here, I can most likely see you becoming a missionary." My response was less than enthusiastic, something along the lines of, "No way! I want to live in America!" Now, twelve or so years later, I am preparing to become a missionary, at least for a year. It's funny how people can see things in us before we are able to. Sometimes when I have doubts about the direction that God is taking me in, I remember those words spoken to me in a prayer circle. They are reassuring and challenge me to become the person God began crafting many years ago.
If you are reading this, please keep me in your prayers. I sent a letter to Central Assembly yesterday, so I hope a service or at least some financial support comes out of that. As I've said in various ways before, what an adventure..
2 comments:
i wantz one!
send me a pack of one.
speaking of people seeing things in you before you see them.. remember a few years back when i said, "Kara, I can really see you dancing with moms from the ozarks some day"
and you totally disagreed.. but i was right.
Post a Comment