Wednesday, April 9, 2008

And then it hit me...

I had my meeting with Pastor Bradford at Central last week. It went well and it was exciting to share this ever-growing passion. I'm not sure if the church will be able to support me financially, so please keep that in your prayers. We'll be making new missions giving commitments on Sunday, so I'm praying that in spite of the poor economy, people remember how important it is to be faithful in giving to missions.

Probably the coolest thing that came out of the meeting occurred as I was walking back to my car. I just started crying... not because I was upset that there wasn't a definite answer about financial support or anything like that. My tears came as I fully realized that God has called me to Thailand at this time and that I know in my heart that I want to go there and be used by him. I am passionate about helping to meet the physical needs of people, including the many sex trafficking victims in Bangkok, so that they can see firsthand Jesus' love. In a weird way, I know that's what I was created to do...I think the ache inside my chest testifies to that.

I have to admit there's still a slight feeling of desperation because I'm not sure where my budget will come from, but as I walked to my car, I felt more confident than ever before that this is the path God has chosen for me and that somehow or another, he will make a way.

I'm so thankful that God chooses to use us in spite of our imperfections...I'm reminded daily just how many of those I have.

As you read this, please pray for the women of Thailand. Pray that God will begin to prepare their hearts for the message of the Gospel.


No comments: