Wednesday, June 11, 2008

If you haven't already read the previous post, read that first. Context is key here.

God already seems to be following through on his promise to provide.

I just got a call from Pastor Bradford's assistant at Central Assembly (my home church here in Springfield). She told me that in a board meeting last night, they decided to support me for $100 a month while I am in Thailand! Praise God!

I'm just blown away by the fact that last night, probably at the same time the board was meeting, the girls in my Bible study were praying for God to do miracles in helping me raise support. Sure, sure, it could just be a coincidence- but I'd rather call this a miracle.

Central's monthly commitment comes at just the right time and it is such an encouragement to me.

So as of right now I have $115 out of $2,077 of my monthly pledges raised. That may only be 5.5 percent, but I believe it will continue to grow. (Hint, hint- Mom and Dad, fill out those pledge forms!) I'm not sure how far along I am on my cash budget of $8,958 at the moment, but thanks to the generosity of others, it is growing as well.

Thank you to those who have given for following the Holy Spirit's leading and being a part of his work in Thailand. Please know that your support means so much to me and I am grateful that you have a heart for seeing Christ's love change lives on the other side of the world.