Monday, April 12, 2010

My sister Ellie is in town right now, which has been such a wonderful taste of home for me. Family is definitely one of God's greatest gifts. And I'm so grateful that one of my family members has the opportunity to experience firsthand my life in Thailand. After living here for six months, I have loved seeing the city through a fresh perspective.

Unfortunately, due to the violent protests going on in downtown Bangkok right now, Ellie and I have been limited in our adventures. Although the vacation may not be living up to our expectations, I'm so proud of how Ellie has gone with the flow and is willing to live like a local. Eating noodles from a cart on the side of the street? No problem! Using a spoon and chopsticks that may or may not have been thoroughly washed? Okay! Stepping over a flattened rat during a walk? Well...that wasn't intentional, but definitely a cultural experience that I've become all too familiar with.

Ellie has done an amazing job of capturing the essence of daily life in Bangkok on her blog. Please visit her blog for beautifully descriptive entries of our time together. You will get a greater feel for Bangkok than I've ever shared. Enjoy!

http://ellieinprint.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So nice the way you wrote about Ellie's adventures with you. I love the way you girls write! Your works give me a great picture of what you are seeing and experiencing. Can definately do without the rat visual......will try to think of something nice like pretty flowers and flowing scarves.....Ellie better wash the bottoms of her shoes before she comes home!!!
love you,
mom