Monday, August 23, 2010

Day Four of My One-Week Challenge

Monday August 23

Every Monday I teach a one-hour conversational English class at Thailand's lottery production office. The office is located across the street from the church and the opportunity to teach there came through an employee who has been attending my evening classes at the church. P' Song is the gentleman to my right. In the months that I've been teaching him, he's become like an older uncle to me.

P' Song and the other employees treat me and P'Wan to lunch every week after class. There is always way too much food to eat, but I don't mind. I've started telling myself that I'm getting fat for Jesus. You can't really see it in this picture, but my students at the lottery are full of personality and energy! They are always laughing, teasing one another and inserting side comments when others are practicing their English. Certainly not the typical classroom environment, but I love it and as long as they are having fun, I'm happy! Today at lunch I told my friends that next week they are only allowed to speak in English while we eat. I'm not sure how successful that will be, but I'm sure we'll have lots of laughs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are just having so much fun!!! The people look like they really enjoy eating with their English teacher! So nice, Kara.
What a wonderful picture. They look so nice and fun. Please tell them that your mom appreciates their kindness to you.
mom