I'm in Thailand!!!!
I've been here for almost three full days now and so far, everything has been amazing! Hopefully I'll have time to write a more informative update this weekend, but until then, I just wanted to let anyone who may be reading know that I arrived safely and my time here is off to a great start. I'm still so in awe of how God worked out all the details to bring me to Thailand. There were definitely worries and doubts along the way, but now that I'm here, it just seems so right.
Earlier this year, a friend sent me a card with multiple Bible verses in it, all of which really resonate with the work I am doing here. Isaiah 61:1-4 is especially meaningful for the ministry to at-risk women and children here in Bangkok. I have a feeling I will be going back to that passage many times as I witness some of the downright evil things these people encounter. But as Isaiah 61 shows, there is hope. Would you join me in praying those verses for these women and children this upcoming year?
1 comment:
I love to read Isaiah 61 and the promises it holds for us as believers and for those whose lives we touch. May the Spirit of the Lord be powerful in you, Kara. I'll be praying for you and with you for the women of Thailand. May they receive the garment of praise, replacing that spirit of despair. mom
Post a Comment