Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I am a bad blogger.

I recognize that, and if anyone actually still reads this, I apologize.

Every day I experience dozens of little cultural gems that I wish I could capture and replay for all of my friends, family and supporters to live out for themselves. Such good intentions...and yet, so few posts. So here's my attempt to get back on the blogging bandwagon and provide more frequent insights into my year in Thailand.

One of my favorite, albeit less spiritual, parts of being in Thailand is definitely the food. Mmmm. I've stated several times to my Thai coworkers that I will be really sad when I get back to the States and no longer have access to super spicy food everyday at lunch. My taste buds will mourn their loss.

And with a typical Thai lunch costing around $1 U.S., you really can't go wrong...well except for the occasional bout with diarrhea (just keeping it real, people). But believe you me, the food is well worth it.

So here are a few pictures of some of the aroi (delicious) food that's been tantalizing my taste buds and increasing my waistline the past five months.











Hungry? Come to Thailand! There's a plate of khaaw (rice) and a bowl of goydiaw (noodles) waiting for you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rice, yes, noodles, yes, veggies and soup, definately, yes! But I will pass on the fish head! Yikes! I couldn't eat something while it is staring back at me.

mom

hillary said...

i read your blog. thanks for the update.