Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pieces of Home

The handful of cards in this photo represent just a small portion of the cards, emails, Facebook messages and even packages that I've received during my time here in Thailand. My family, friends and home church (Christian Life Assembly in Camp Hill, PA) have been so incredibly supportive and encouraging. I wish I could fully verbalize how much these little expressions of love mean to me. When you're halfway around the world, an unexpected card or email from someone back home is like receiving a precious gift. God has blessed me with such wonderful friends and family. I've always known that, but being so far away from them makes me appreciate them even more.

So, thank you to everyone who has sent a little love my way. You probably don't realize the power a few kind words or a funny memory have to completely make my day and lift my spirits if they're low.

And because I've been struggling with exactly how to end this entry for about 15 minutes now, I'll close with a quote that really doesn't pertain to what I've written, but was once said to me by a slightly-crazy older woman I met doing temp work. Probably one of my favorite in-person quotes of all time. Imagine it said with a slightly hoarse, New Jersey accent:

"Oh I love ya and I don't even know ya."

1 comment:

hillary said...

i love that quote too. and the story that somebody once told me about an older lady who worked with them, and they both watched the office. and they were talking about Jim and Pam one day and if they would ever end up together or not, and this older lady says (i imagine in a southern accent), "Oh unrequited love just kills me!" whilst clutching her heart.

this comment also has nothing to do with your entry. but whatevs.