On Sunday, I had the opportunity to hear George Wood speak at my church (Central Assembly). For those of you who don't live in the AG Holy City of Springfield, George Wood (I don't think it's possible to write or talk about him without saying his first and last name) is the new general superintendent for the Assemblies of God.
Since he's a graduate of Evangel and attends Central, I've heard him speak multiple times, but on Sunday I was just overwhelmed by the sense of humility that George Wood exudes. I know it sounds cliche, but you can truly see Jesus in him. Hearing him speak and seeing the connection that he has with all generations makes me so excited for the next phase in the AG. I think that under the leadership of George Wood, the Assemblies of God will not only be relevant in foreign countries where physical need is great, but that we will finally start making an impact in our country too. You can tell he's there to serve and that attitude will trickle down to those under him. It's exciting.
I'm also excited about the changes at CLA. Since I'm usually the only one in the office at work, I've been able to listen to sermons from home. Pastor Wayde seems to be just what the church needed. The sermons are a great mix of the challenging and the refreshing. Hearing the Truth is exciting. I can only pray that as people from CLA continue to reach out into the community, more people will give "church" a try and find out what Christianity is really about.
No comments:
Post a Comment