Wednesday, October 10, 2007

New Things

Today is a day of new things.

I am at my new job (well it's about a week old now). I am writing in my new blog. I am about to do my first interview as a free-lance reporter for Springfield Business Journal, using my new digital voice recorder.

Although I'd intended to make my first entry extremely poignant and/or exciting, I'm kind of just writing this entry to take my mind off of how nervous I am about my first real interview. Of course I've interviewed people before for Evangel's newspaper and for articles I wrote at Convoy of Hope, but this feels different. I'm actually getting paid for this and if I don't write according to their expectations, my pay will be docked. But, I really shouldn't get too nervous because it's just an article spotlighting a cool little store and teahouse. An enjoyable topic always makes for a better article.

Well, I better go look at the questions I've prepared and try to slow my racing heart before I call the store's owner.

I'll definitely share about Thailand in the next entry. That's really the whole purpose of this blog. So, if by any chance you are reading this, please come back so that you can read all about the exciting new adventure God has called me to!

2 comments:

Ryan Gerber said...

oh, i will be back.... you can be sure of that

Ryan Gerber said...

that might have sounded more threatening than was intended...
p.s. j'ai une chemise ici pour toi!