Today at a Christmas party for Assemblies of God pastors in the Bangkok area, I added to my list of first time experiences in Thailand.
Sadly, there is no photographic evidence.
I know many people have tried fish eyeballs while in Thailand, but for some reason, no one had previously offered me an eye. My long-awaited opportunity arrived during lunch when my friend Tua plucked out the eyeball with a pair of chopsticks and handed them to me. It was actually less of a big deal than I would have imagined and, besides looking a little slimy, the eyeball tasted pretty good. I understand (at least a little bit) why a lot of Thai people eat them and I would probably eat a fish eye again.
Even though I've been in Thailand for 15 months, I experience or learn something new every single day. I think that's one of the reasons why I love my life here so much.
No comments:
Post a Comment