Thursday, December 30, 2010

My family's trip to New York City was a lot of fun. After two weeks away from Bangkok, I loved being back in a bustling city with crowds of people from different countries. There was one thing that really set New York apart from my former home - the snow and freezing temperatures! While it is approximately 90 degrees in Bangkok, New York City's streets are currently covered in slush. This was a block or two from Times Square.


The night before our trip, I went to Payless to buy some cheap waterproof boots. After two days trudging through snow, slush and puddles, I have to say it was the best $25 I've ever spent.

While in New York, I also met Elmo. As we were taking this picture, he squeezed my waist and said in a Mexican accent, "Donations please." AHHHHHHH! Creepy! That is one fundraising method I will not employ should I ever have to raise a budget as a career missionary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahhhhh!!! Looks like he squeezed Ellie too! So funny! And you thought Elmo was an innocent puppet! What a great time in NYC!
Thanks for braving the cold and snow and slush, we made a lot of good memories on that trip!
Love you, Keep wearing those boots, say hi to your friends from us and enjoy your first day back at HQ!
mom