

Recent photographic evidence has made it painfully clear that I have a tendency to over enunciate when teaching English. I'm not just talking about a little bit of exaggeration to help my students differentiate their "l's" and their "r's" ... I'm talking about face-warping, crazy-bug-eyes-popping, mouth-open-so-wide-you-could-stick-an-entire-apple-in over enunciation.
I guess this is what happens when you have absolutely zero training in teaching English one day, then find yourself teaching six classes a week the next day. I'm just thankful that I haven't seen any pictures of myself demonstrating how to say "th" words by sticking your tongue out between your teeth. Sometimes ignorance is bliss.
To my students at church, the lottery office, Ekkamai 30 and the Bible school:
Do as I say, not as I do. Mimic my tones, not my crazy farang face. It's better that way.
1 comment:
At least you'll be able to keep track who learned from you
Post a Comment