This verse, in various translations, has been a mainstay in my life over the past few years. Unfortunately, stress is something that can get the best of me and, as I've been reminded of the past few days, even manifest itself physically.
My last few weeks in Thailand and the weeks that follow my return to America are not only going to be challenging emotionally, but they will likely be demanding on my time, with to-do lists aplenty. I hate dropping the ball on things and I hate not living up to people's expectations, so while these pressures don't always take an outward toll, they can really affect my sleep habits and my stomach. Even this morning as I think of all the things I have to do before I leave for Chiang Mai tomorrow, my stomach is churning. (So of course the obvious answer to this is wasting time on my blog.)
As I spent time in prayer earlier, I had to envision myself placing these worries and cares in God's hands. They're better there. His hands are bigger and better-equipped for the work that needs to be done. I'm still committed to doing my part, but thank you God, that I can find comfort knowing that ultimately, you have everything under control.
I'm off to make a dent in the ever-growing to-do list, but I'm going to try to do so with some worship music in my heart. Get the focus off of me, on to You. Thank you, God for caring.
No comments:
Post a Comment