Saturday, November 13, 2010

Shopping is not one of my top five strengths. I have a hard time focusing and grow easily overwhelmed and fatigued when confronted by piles and piles of stuff for sale. So I'm having mild anxiety attacks whenever I think about all of the Thai souvenirs I want to buy for friends and family back home in the next few weeks. I want to buy my loved ones things that will be significant - representative of both Thai culture and of my love for the receiver.

I'm hoping I will have some divine inspiration as I visit night markets and other stores in the next few weeks. If not, you're all getting one of these....




Apparently, these Barbie head topped pencils are on sale at 7-11 convenience stores. And those of you who have been to Thailand know that few things reflect modern Thai culture better than the all pervasive 7.

4 comments:

ellie said...

PLEASE bring me back some of these!!!

Hillary said...

nothing wrong with Barbie on a stick.

Andrea Britton said...

this reminds me of leah's velossa barbie head on a leg... did you ever see that? disturbing.

Kara said...

How could I have forgotten about Velossa?

I need to start posting more bizarre pictures because they seem to garner lots of comments.