Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gluttony 101

I think the dessert I just put in the oven is quite possibly the most unhealthy thing I've ever made. I was practically cringing as I combined the melted sugar and butter mixture with a heaping cup of peanut butter, thinking of the poor souls who will unknowingly consume so many calories tomorrow. What they don't know can't hurt them, right? At least not until their arteries block up in another 20 years.

Here's a link to the recipe. I decided to forego the frosting and added a ton of chocolate chips instead. It's the first time I'm using this recipe and I'm sharing these blondies with people I've never cooked for, so I'm a little nervous. I enjoy baking but it can be nerve-wracking making food for other people. Even when I lived with Hillary and Bethany (heyyyyy girls), I was always a little scared on the rare occasions that I cooked for them. Fear of food judgment.

Well, five more minutes left in the oven. I always feel a little anxious at this point in the baking game. There's a fine line between undercooked and overcooked. A fine, fine line.

Update:

I decided to take a picture of the blondies a few minutes before they finished baking. Feeling too lazy to go get my digital camera, I just put my Mac in front of the open oven to take a picture with photo booth. Perhaps with this dedication and such professional technique I'll be the next famous food blogger.


2 comments:

Hillary said...

mmmm. is there any left for your single lady friend?

KMC said...

All looks good as part of a birthday celebration week! Sunday should be cake and candles too!