False.
I feel like I have been going nonstop since returning from Thailand - well not counting my first three days back in the States when I was in an unconscious state due to jet lag and decongestant medicine.
I'm working two part-time jobs, doing freelance editing, getting involved in church, going to Zumba and hanging out with new and old friends. I absolutely love everything I'm doing, I just wish there was some way to add some extra hours to my days. Or become one of those people who can survive off of a few hours of sleep. Or have a magical coffee cup that never ran out. Mmmm. I want one of those in my hand right now, filled with a Skinny Vanilla Latte.
But enough of my daydreams, I have a short Thai lesson to prepare for a class at Evangel University. I thought I was ill-equipped to teach English, but teaching Thai will certainly bring out whole new levels of my inadequacy. I apologize in advance to Lauren Becker and any of my Thai friends who may one day meet the students who I'll be teaching. They will probably pronounce every vowel incorrectly. As for their tones, well, they'll likely be saying the wrong word at the wrong time every time they open their mouthes. But don't blame them. Blame their teacher. And blame Dr. Martindale for giving me this assignment.
4 comments:
I am reading your blogs more than the news these days. Better writing too.
Can you imagine when visiting EU as a senior, that some years later you'd be giving Thai lessons?
Lessons will help those going there lots, but your pokes at yourself gave me the picture of Rocky walking around Bangkok, mixing Thai with "hey" and "yo"
hahaha. Thats so fabulous. Sounds like fun.
You´ll do a great job Kara.
You should set up a date to get together with Sarah and I for lunch one of these days.
Love Joanna :)
Missing your blogs Kara
i blame Dr. Martindale. or maybe your own Thai teacher, haha. really though, your students will have a headstart and their students will love them, even if they say the wrong words. Our students are always up for a good laugh ;)
Post a Comment