Here's my take at a version called Five on Friday.
1. I am really thankful for the VanVeen family who have opened up their basement apartment to me during the five months I'm in Springfield. I think I've already had more family dinners with them than I've had with my own family in the past three years. (Fully anticipating a weepy comment from my Dad.)
2. I am currently sitting approximately 10 inches away from a space heater. I usually sit closer because I am cold all the live long day, but since Thursday afternoon, I've had a headache. Thorough Internet research suggested that my headache could be caused by too much dry heat...so I'm scooching away from the space heater just a little bit. My left side is cold.
3. I'm thinking about going on the Daniel Fast for a little while. More for health reasons than spiritual. Is that heretical?
4. Living in Springfield again is proving to be more of a cultural experience than Thailand ever was. There are always interesting experiences to be had at any store located north of Division.
5. In Thai the word for the number five is pronounced "haa." So if you ever see people writing 555 on Facebook, that is their way of lol-ing. 555 Cute, na?
Well, I'm off to go watch a youtube video that Hillary shared and then it's off to read The Count of Monte Cristo in bed until I fall asleep. I love Friday nights at home.
2 comments:
We are thankful for your hosts! You can express our thanks Haa times. A weepy Dad
555. I'm starting the Daniel Fast on Wednesday! I don't think it's heretical to also do it for health reasons. I feel like when you don't eat correctly, it alters your emotions, which alter your ability to think clearly with the mind you've been given. So it all relates. That's something I definitely noticed in December, aka, epoch of cookies.
Post a Comment