Monday, January 10, 2011

Today at work, I was reading through a pdf of an old Pentecostal Evangel magazine, the Assemblies of God's publication, and I came across a paragraph that made me laugh. This is from the January 11, 1919 issue.

"Missionary offerings can be sent by check, express or money order to Stanley H. Frodsham, Missionary Treasurer, 336 W. Pacific St., Springfield, Mo. Liberty Bonds, War Saving Stamps, old gold jewelry, etc. can also be turned into use for the Missionary cause."

Times have definitely changed, but I know those early AG missionaries were just as grateful for war saving stamps as I've been for each and every dollar of support I've received over the past two years or so. Being on the receiving end of missions has honestly been a challenge for me in some ways, but I've learned a lot in the process and been blessed to experience firsthand the generosity of so many wonderful, encouraging people.




1 comment:

KMC said...

1919 was one of the worst years for baseball. The "BlackSox" scandal when a team bet on the world series as I recall. Must be neat looking at those back issues Kara.